Sunday, June 16, 2013

WhenThe TV Doesn't Work

So really it's the remote that's not working.  Started last night while we were doing our usual veging out.  No channel changing...stuck on HGTV (aaargh!!! Love it or List it!!! aaargh!!)....then one moment of remote-ability which got us to Video on Demand, but that was it.   None of the new batteries we shoved into the back of the remote would get it to work.  Of course it was Saturday night, so we left an e-mail for our cable provider who we know from past experience will bring us a nice new remote.....but not until Monday or (nooo......!!!!) Tuesday.

Now Sunday night is my favorite TV night.  Last week the latest HGTV Star (formerly Design Star) competition started up again.  Also there's 60 Minutes.  In January it'll be Downton Abbey again....I am hopeful our remote will be working then!!  Also, last Saturday night we watched three episodes of House of Cards on Netflix on the TV which was awesome.  So in many ways my weekend schedule is RUINED by the dead remote.


I truly do not consider myself a TV-holic, but it has certainly been instructive today every time I had that impulse to "watch" TV (alot of times it's just background, but I'm sitting there, and it's on....).  But then there was the yoga I did this morning and the half-hour my husband and I both hung out on the couch in the living room (non-TV room), reading this afternoon.  And the forty-five minutes we worked on a couple of garden projects we've just started.  Nice.


Already paying dividends, that broken remote!

No comments:

Post a Comment